
I'm more than a little stoked to try these homemade gluten-free brownies! Divine Health is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to gluten-free recipes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Coconut Flour Brownies (Gluten Free)
By lydia, on December 15th, 2010
Since going gluten free and pretty much grain free this past spring, I have had to come up with a lot of new recipes to replace old favorites. Brownies are one of our favorite easy family snacks, therefore I was determined to come up with a recipe for gluten free brownies using coconut flour. I picked out one of my favorite brownie recipes and attempted to convert it to a coconut flour brownie. It took much trial and error, while I was still learning how to work with coconut flour, but I think I finally nailed it!! This brownies are a huge hit in my home and even people who are not health conscious or gluten free rave about them!! So I am happy to share this recipe hoping others will benefit from it! Let me know how you enjoy these if you try them!! I call them ‘Brownies Divine.’
Brownies Divine
Makes 1 – 8×8 pan
12 tablespoons butter, ghee or coconut oil
1/2 cup organic cane sugar or rapadura (if you like use a 1/3 cup of sugar instead)
3/4 cup sifted good quality cocoa powder (Hershey’s or Nestle’s will simply not do, unless of course it’s all you can get!)
pinch of sea salt
Half of a 73% dark chocolate bar from Trader Joe’s ( or half a cup of chopped dark chocolate, preferably organic fair trade without soy lecithin in it)
3 pastured eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (gluten free)
1/4 cup coconut flour
Melt together butter, sugar, cocoa, salt and chocolate in a pan over low heat until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Add in the eggs one at a time. Mix well, at first it will not be smooth, but keep whisking until you get a smooth consistency. Then add in the vanilla.Sift in the coconut flour. Pour mix into a parchment lined 8×8 pan.
Preheat oven to 325. Bake the brownies for 20-25 minutes. (I do it for about 22 minutes)
Remove from oven, let cool 10-15 minutes before digging in.
These brownies are the perfect palette for some homemade vanilla ice cream!!! Or for a dairy free dessert, use some coconut whipped cream recipe above. Enjoy
From Divine Health
No comments:
Post a Comment