Sunday, May 8, 2011

Bam! She's back!


SO I've been off the blog for a...long time. BUT I have definitely been collecting quite a few experiences and have learned a lot! I started my own garden and am beyond happy about it. It's going pretty darn well! The thought of being able to know exactly where my food comes from is so exciting. At times I feel like I'm just treading water in terms of my 'real foods' journey. Buying my own home and land is at the end part of my five year plan so while I'm trying what I can and learning everything I can, I still feel like there are a lot of things I just won't be able to do for a while. I've been reading up on beekeeping and having a family cow and at times wonder if I'll be able to have even a smidgen of patience when it comes those two things. I don't just want to do things halfway. I know that in this day and age, it might take a bit of work to get to the point where most or all of what I eat and use in my home is natural or preservative free but it will ultimately be worth it! Plus, it doesn't hurt that the 'old ways' are so appealing to me. I love to crochet and have recently looked into spinning yarn for fun. I think everything I've done so far has been for fun and just happens to have a positive outcome. There's just something so soul satisfying in making my own things from scratch. It makes me happy to see dough rising and seeds sprouting!

No comments:

Post a Comment