I made my first starter! Gluten-free flour, so we'll see if it goes as planned. I'm not sure why I thought the world of starters was on par with the world of all things unknown and mythical. I suppose because it seemed TOO easy! I'm very excited and can't wait to make some yummy gluten-free bread!
I've been looking for a local cheese making course but haven't had any luck. I heard of one in the next county over AFTER the first mandatory class had finished. Argh. It's ok though because I'm a trooper and WILL be making cheese soon!
Lately, I've really been studying up on a self-sustaining life. I actually looked into raising chickens up here on the mountain but was informed that they were considered 'live stock' by the home owners association and therefore, no go. My dream is definitely to have my own garden, chickens, etc within the next five years. How great would it be to be able to walk outside and get eggs for breakfast? To have a craving for okra and pick it right off your own stalk. And the most appealing thing? I'll know everything about each vegetable and chicken! I love the idea of teaching my children and grandchildren things that my grandparents taught me. To have my children pass these traditions onto their grandchildren.
No comments:
Post a Comment