Monday, September 27, 2010

Would some apple butter a day keep the doc away?



I gave it the old college try for my first attempt at apple butter today from apples I picked myself! It smells absolutely heavenly! I can't wait to mix it with some peanut butter and slather it onto some fresh homemade buttery biscuits. This is one of my first steps into my 'sustainable' journey. :)

I posted the photo of my first starter on FaceBook earlier. A friend saw it and asked me to send her recipes for gluten-free things as she has celiac disease! It was a definite boost to my journey to know that something I posted led someone to ask for recipes. I love the idea of being able to help someone with something I've learned on my journey!

Here's the recipe!





Update: The apple butter is complete and it tastes amazing! Put it on some biscuits, mixed some peanut butter into it and voila ~ A tasty treat. I won't be canning this batch, only because I'm still learning about canning and would rather not kill my friends and family by doing it incorrectly. :p I think I'll make some homemade peanut butter for my next batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment